Rates & Coverage
Current Health Insurance Premiums
The Plan offers two coverage choices for active employees, COBRA participants and non-Medicare eligible retirees: Base Coverage and Select Coverage. Each coverage type is independent of the other.
An employee may choose Base Coverage or Select Coverage at initial enrollment. If timely application is made and the appropriate premium amount is paid, the effective date of coverage for the employee and any eligible dependent(s) begins the first day of employment. If an employee does not enroll or if he waives coverage within 31 days of employment, application may be made only during an open enrollment or special enrollment period.
- The State pays 100 percent of the active employee premium for employees enrolled in Base Coverage.
- All employees enrolled in Select Coverage pay a portion of their active employee premium.
- Horizon employees pay $38 per month for employee only coverage.
- Legacy employees pay $20 per month for employee only coverage.
View the following links for information on coverage, rates for retiree life insurance, and a medical claim form.
- Frequently Asked Questions about Base or Select Coverage
- 2018 Benefit Changes
- Current premium rates
- Premium rates the Board has approved for January 1, 2019
- Application for Coverage
- Current life insurance rates for retirees
- Medical Claim Form
Federal Notices and Summaries of Coverage
If you still have questions about your coverage, send us an email at KnowYourBenefits@dfa.ms.gov.
Click here to subscribe to news from the State and School Employees' Life and Health Insurance Plan.