Rates & Coverage
The Plan offers two coverage choices for active employees, COBRA participants and non-Medicare eligible retirees: Base Coverage and Select Coverage. Each coverage type is independent of the other.
An employee may choose Base Coverage or Select Coverage at initial enrollment. If timely application is made and the appropriate premium amount is paid, the effective date of coverage for the employee and any eligible dependent(s) begins the first day of employment. If an employee does not enroll or if he waives coverage within 31 days of employment, application may be made only during an open enrollment or special enrollment period.
- The State pays 100 percent of the active employee premium for employees enrolled in Base Coverage.
- All employees enrolled in Select Coverage pay a portion of their active employee premium.
- Horizon employees pay $38 per month for employee only coverage.
- Legacy employees pay $20 per month for employee only coverage.
View the following link to the 2017 premium rates. You can also download a copy of the Health Application for Insurance Coverage and view a link to current life insurance rates for retirees.
In order to determine which type coverage is best for you, please view the links below.
- Frequently Asked Questions about Base or Select Coverage
- Coverage Options Summary
- Outline of Base and Select Coverage
- 2017 Benefit Changes
Federal Notices and Summaries of Coverage
- HIPAA Notice
- Glossary of Health Coverage and Medical Terms
- 2017 Summary of Base Coverage
- 2017 Summary of Select Coverage
If you still have questions about your coverage, send us an email at: KnowYourBenefits@dfa.ms.gov