Motivating Mississippi – Keys to Living Healthy is the State and School Employees’ Health Insurance Plan’s wellness and preventative health program. Working with ActiveHealth Management, the Plan’s health management vendor, we are dedicated to providing Plan participants with the tools and resources to help them lead healthier lives.
The program’s goal is to improve the quality of life for participants by encouraging healthy lifestyle choices through a wide variety of free resources including the MyActiveHealth website which is designed to help participants keep important health information – like medical history and future doctor’s appointments – in one handy place. Log in at MyActiveHealth.com/Mississippi.
To support efforts to involve all participants in the program, each employer has a dedicated site champion who coordinates with ActiveHealth to provide wellness activities for their workplace. Site champions believe in the importance of living a healthy lifestyle and strive to engage their coworkers to do the same. Listed below are resources available to participants and site champions through Motivating Mississippi – Keys to Living Healthy.
- Webinars: Webinars are presented each month to share information on how to get fit and manage health challenges. Participants can participate individually or as a group. Sign in to MyActiveHealth.com/Mississippi to register for an upcoming wellness webinar or to view past webinars. You can also click here to view more information.
- Digital Coaching: ActiveHealth Management offers more than 150 topics to inspire, motivate and introduce healthy lifestyle options for participants. Digital coaching is also available 24/7 from a computer or mobile device.
- Certification (Advance Approval): Certification is required for hospital admissions and some outpatient services. Either the participant or doctor's office can call for certification at 866-939-4721, option 1, Monday–Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Requests for certifications can also be faxed in to 866-617-4900.
- Personal Health Record & Health Risk Assessment: The Personal Health Record and yearly Health Risk Assessments help to record important information regarding an individual's health and lifestyle. Participants can also elect to receive health alerts to help manage their health. Go to MyActiveHealth.com/Mississippi to access these tools or call 866-939-4721 to learn more.
- Care Considerations: Stay safe with Care Considerations. ActiveHealth uses a special technology to watch over the care a participant gets and the medicines they take. The system may notice medicines that shouldn’t be taken together or it might suggest a test or screening that could help improve overall health. When this occurs, ActiveHealth lets the participant and doctor know with a letter called a Care Consideration.
- Weight Management Program: If a participant is struggling with their weight, and their BMI is 30 or higher, the Weight Management Program is available to help them take control of their fitness and nutrition for long-term weight management. To learn more, call 866-939-4721, option 2, option 7.
- Tobacco Cessation Program: This program provides the support needed to help Plan participants quit tobacco use. They will work with a health coach and may even be eligible for free tobacco cessation medications. Call 866-939-47251, option 2, option 7. Additional tobacco cessation resources are provided below.
- Mississippi Tobacco Quitline
- ACT Center
- Centers for Disease Control-Smoking Cessation
- Mississippi State Department of Health - Office of Tobacco Control
- Tobacco Use Attestation Form
- Maternity Management Program: Participants who are expecting a baby, will work with a registered nurse over the phone to help navigate the changes of pregnancy and better understand the needs of the baby and mother. To get started, call 866-939-4721, option 2, option 3.
- 24/7 Nurseline: Call the 24/7 Nurseline for extra support, information and guidance. The 24/7 Nurseline can help a participant make smarter health care choices for them and their families. Call 866-939-4721, option 2, option 4 any time day or night.
- Case Management: Case Management offers help with long-term or frequent hospital stays, home health care or other special services for long periods. A registered nurse will work one-on-one to help participants understand the kind of care needed and make sure they know where to find the right treatment. Call 866-939-4721, option 2, option 1.
- Informed Care Management: Get support for long-term health conditions with Informed Care Management. Participants with a chronic condition such as diabetes, coronary heart disease or asthma need extra information and assistance. This one-on-one support doesn’t replace the doctor, but provides extra assistance from a nurse who’s available whenever needed. Get started now by calling 866-939-4721, option 2, option 2.
For more information, contact ActiveHealth Management at 866-939-4721 or go online to MyActiveHealth.com/Mississippi.