Group Term Life Insurance
The State of Mississippi offers group term life insurance coverage for active full-time employees. Employees who elect life insurance coverage should designate one or more beneficiaries with Minnesota Life Insurance Company, an affiliate of Securian Financial to ensure that any benefits are paid in accordance with their wishes.
To manage your beneficiary designation online:
- Log in to bcbsms.com. If you have not previously registered, information will be required from your BCBSMS ID card to complete the registration process.
- Go to the My Benefits tab.
- Under the Life Benefits section, click the link to update the beneficiary information. You will see a notification asking you to "Agree" to be transferred to a secure portal provided by Minnesota Life. Click "I Agree."
- Click "View beneficiary."
- If you need to make any changes, click "Update Designation," and provide the name(s), relationship(s) and respective benefit shares.
- After this information has been entered, you will receive an email acknowledgment, as well as a letter in the mail confirming your changes to your beneficiary designation.
While online, you can edit your profile, and make any updates to your email and phone numbers.
If you would rather designate your beneficiary using a paper form, please go to Forms and Documents to download a beneficiary designation form.
For more information on term life insurance coverage through Minnesota Life, go to Life Benefits for Mississippi State and School Employees or call Minnesota Life at 877-348-9217.
Click here to go to Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi to view health benefits and claims, and Minnesota Life coverage and beneficiary information.